Directory entries of Archival Repositories 1999


Address: National Botanical Institute, Botanic Gardens Road, Durban, 4001
Telephone: (031) 202-4095
Fax: (031) 202-3430
Enquiries to: The Curator
Hours of opening: 07h45-12h45, 13h30-16h30
Access: Main collection open to researchers. Quick reference collection open to the public (policy for the National Botanical Institute is however in the process of being formulated). Library collection open to the public (but it is not a lending library).

Brief history: The Natal Herbarium was started in 1882 by John Medley Wood, then Curator of the Durban Botanic Gardens. It was initially known as the Colonial Herbarium but from 1910 known as Natal Herbarium. In 1910 it was donated by the Durban Botanical Society to the Union of South Africa. Natal Herbarium now forms part of the National Botanical Institute which is funded by the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism. The herbarium collection now stands at 1 100 000 plant specimens.

Acquisitions policy: To acquire Herbarium (plant) specimens from KwaZulu-Natal and the eastern region of South Africa, in particular from the many areas that have not been documented properly. To acquire books/literature that relate to the flora of our region.

Areas of specialisation: Flora of KwaZulu-Natal and the eastern region of South Africa. Angiosperms, gymnosperms and pteridophytes. (Our focus is on the indigenous plants of our region.)

Core holdings: Important herbarium collections of John Medley Wood, MS Evans, WT Gerrard and MJ Mcken, AGH Rudatis, HJ Thode, J Gerstner, JPH Acocks, RH Compton, RG Strey, CJ Ward, HB Nicholson and A Abbott.

Finding aids: We are in the process of computerising the herbarium collection - 1 16% of the collection is computerised.

National register participation: No.




Street: 237 Loop Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
Postal: Private Bag 9070, Pietermaritzburg, 3201

Telephone: (0331) 45-1404
Fax: (0331) 45-0561
E-mail: or

Enquiries to: The Librarian
Hours of opening: Mon-Fri 08h00-16h30

Bona fide researchers. Material in Museum Departments is restricted e.g. research results, site reports etc. are permanently closed except to vetted and specific research workers.

Brief history: The first manuscript was received in 1904, the same year in which the museum was founded.

Acquisitions policy: The library collects information in any form or on any subject that will assist the Museum in carrying out its mission, through donations, or purchase.

Areas of specialisation: Indo Pacific Mollusca. Afrotropical entomology (particularly Diptera). African lower invertebrates. African arachnology. African herpetology. South African archaeology (particularly KwaZulu-Natal Stone and Iron Ages and rock art). KwaZulu-Natal anthropology (particularly relating to the Zulu or Nguni peoples). KwaZulu-Natal history (particularly 19th and early 20th centuries). Pietermaritzburg (culture, history, human and natural environment). Museology (including exhibit techniques, taxidermy, conservation etc.). South African natural history in general (zoology, botany, geology). History of the Natal Museum including its staff.

National register participation: No.




Street: Churchill Square, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
Postal: P.O. Box 415, Pietermaritzburg, 3200

Telephone: (0331) 45-2383
Fax: (0331) 94-0095
Enquiries to: Director, Natal Society Library
Hours of opening:

Mon-Fri 08h30-17h00,
Sat 08h30-13h00

Access: Accessible to all who come to the library. Reference, Legal Deposit and Special Collections material may only be consulted on the premises.

Brief history: Founded in 1851 and has provided a public library service for Pietermaritzburg ever since. Given Legal Deposit privileges in 1916. Became a free, rate supported library in 1967. Became fully multi-racial in 1975. Began publishing the annual "Natalia" magazine in 1971.

Core holdings: The main emphasis of the Natal Society Library is the collection and preservation of published works. It is not strictly speaking an archival repository. The core holdings are as follows. Legal Deposit Collection - books, pamphlets, maps, newspapers, periodicals, etc. published in South Africa. Government Publications Collection - National, Provincial and Colonial Government Publications. Map Collection - mainly official maps of South Africa with a number of historical maps of S.A. Africana Collection - books published in or about South Africa prior to 1916. Picture Collection - mainly Pietermaritzburg and Natal. O'Brien Collection - Victorian and Edwardian era. Commercial Road cemetery records.

Areas of specialisation: South Africa in general and Natal and Zululand in particular. Military history. Church history.

Finding aids: Dewey Decimal Classification System. Card Catalogue Author/title. Our collection is gradually being computerised on the Natal University's URICA system.

National register participation: No.




Street: 24 Hamilton Street, Arcadia, Pretoria
Postal: Private Bag X236, Pretoria, 0001

Telephone: (012) 323-5300
Fax: (012) 323-5287
Enquiries to: The Head, National Archives Repository
Hours of opening:

Mon-Fri 08h00-16h00
Extended hours:
Every first Wednesday of the month 08h00-18h00
Every third Saturday of the month 09h00-13h00

Access: Subject to the provisions of the National Archives of South Africa Act (No. 43 of 1996) all public records that are 20 years or older are accessible. Non-public records are accessible unless specified otherwise by the donor.

Brief history: In the Transvaal Republic, the State Secretary appointed two officials to collect, arrange and bind his official records in 1887. In 1899 the first archivist was appointed. On the formation of Union in 1910, the responsibility of archival administration was assigned to the Department of the Interior. The first legislation regarding archives was the Public Archives Act (No. 9 of 1922). In terms of this legislation, provision was made for a central archives repository for the records of central government offices, and for provincial archives repositories for archives of the provincial governments and their colonial or republican predecessors. Consequently the Transvaal Archives Depot in Pretoria, housed in the Union Buildings, had custody of the records of the Transvaal Republic, the Transvaal Colony and the Transvaal Provincial Administration. The Central Archives Depot was later established under the same administration as the Transvaal Archives Depot to cater for central government records. The Archives Act (No. 6 of 1962) extended the scope of archival legislation to the third tier of government, so that records of local authorities were also subject to its provisions. The National Archives of South Africa Act (No. 43 of 1996) enables the devolution of responsibility for provincial archives to provincial governments. None of the four provinces in the area of the former Transvaal have yet taken over responsibility for provincial archives and the National Archives continues to administer the relevant records in the interim. The previous Transvaal and Central Archives Depots are now known collectively as the National Archives Repository. In 1989 the repository occupied purpose-built facilities in Hamilton Street and vacated the Union Buildings.

Acquisitions policy: According to the National Archives of South Africa Act (No. 43 of 1996) all central government offices are expected to transfer their archival records which have been in existence for 20 years to the National Archives Repository. A policy regarding the acquisition of non-public records is being drawn up. It will be designed to fill the gaps in official memory and to redress the imbalances of the previous collecting activities.

Areas of specialisation: Records of central government, provincial government (Gauteng and former Transvaal), commissions of inquiry and transitional government processes. Official publications, library material on archival science and history, cartographic material and photographs. Non-public records received as donations.

Core holdings: South African Republic: State Secretary, 1829-1900. Eerste Volksraad, 1845-1900. Tweede Volksraad, 1891-1900. Commandant-General, 1880-1900. Magistrates of the South African Republic, 1842-1900. Transvaal Colony: Director of Burgher Camps, 1899-1903. Military Governor, Pretoria, 1900-1902. Red Cross, 1899-1902. South African Constabulary, 1900-1908. Secretary, Transvaal Police, 1901-1928. Transvaal Province: Native Affairs Commissioner, 1902-1984. Director of Local Government, 1897-1973. Municipalities, 1900-1977. Central Government after 1910: Department of Education, 1866-1995. Department of Native Affairs, 1880-1972. Department of Bantu Administration and Development, 1924-1976. Department of Foreign Affairs, 1912-1994. Constitutional Assembly, 1994-1996. Cabinet Minutes, 1956-1994. State Security Council, 1979-1989. Transitional Government: Convention of a Democratic South Africa (CODESA), 1991. Multi-Party Negotiating Council, 1993. Commissions of Enquiry: Sharpeville Riots, 1960. Soweto Uprising, 1976-1978. Inquiry into the death of Dr Verwoerd, 1966. Public Violence and Intimidation (Goldstone Commission), 1991-1995. Criminal court cases: Transvaal Court, 1877-1992. Witwatersrand Court, 1902-1987. Civil court cases: Transvaal Court, 1877-1980. Witwatersrand Court, 1902-1980. (Included in the civil cases are divorce cases). Water court cases, 1900-1982. Estate files (former Transvaal), 1873-1976.

Finding aids: List of Archivalia: Central Archives Depot (Government records). List of Archivalia: Transvaal Archives Depot. Guide to Accessions (Non-public records): Central Archives Depot (Afrikaans). Transvaal Archives Depot (Afrikaans). These finding aids are published by the National Archives of South Africa, as well as many of the inventories to specific archival groups. Information on a significant proportion of the holdings is available in the national automated archival information retrieval system.

National register participation: NAREM and NAREF. Linked for on-line retrieval.




Street: Kirstenbosch, Cape Town
Postal: Private Bag X7, Claremont, 7735

Telephone: (021) 762-1166
Fax: (021) 762-0646
Website: *
Enquiries to: The Principal Librarian
Hours of opening: Mon-Fri 08h30-16h30
Access: By special arrangement only.

Acquisitions policy: No active acquisitions policy. Receive donations.

Areas of specialisation: Botanical art. Botanical field trip notes. Memorabilia. Old photographs of Kirstenbosch.

National register participation: No.




Street: 87 Beaufort Street, Grahamstown
Postal: Private Bag 1019, Grahamstown, 6140

Telephone: (046) 622-7042
Fax: (046) 622-2582
Website: *
Enquiries to: The Director
Hours of opening:

Mon-Fri 08h30-13h00,

Access: Researchers have access to collection material during hours of opening. Some depositors have placed embargoes on certain manuscripts.

Brief history: The National English Literary Museum began as a project of the Institute for the Study of English in Africa (ISEA) to collect source material which was to form the Thomas Pringle Collection for English in Africa, founded and sponsored by the ISEA in 1972. The collection became the nucleus of the independent National English Documentation Centre, established in 1974. This centre was gazetted a Declared Cultural Institution in 1980, and named the National English Literary Museum in 1982.

Acquisitions policy: The museum collects and preserves material evidence pertaining to all forms of imaginative Southern African literature written in English, and our collections include manuscripts, printed books and journals as well as press clippings and audiovisual materials.

Areas of specialisation: Where possible we keep manuscript drafts, authors' diaries and correspondence with publishers - this enables scholars to trace the development of a literary work through all its stages.

Core holdings: The papers of Athol Fugard, Tatamkhulu Afrika, Dennis Brutus, Sir Percy FitzPatrick, Jack Cope, Barney Simon, Guy Butler, Joy Packer, Frank Brownlee and Leon Gluckman. We also hold important manuscripts relating to Roy Campbell and Olive Schreiner.

Finding aids: Comprehensive databases relating to our holdings are maintained. These databases are available on a CD-ROM distributed by NISC (National Inquiry Services Centre) and internet access to these databases is also available via NISC's online world wide web search service known as Biblioline. (See NISC's Home Page at

National register participation: Have contributed in the past to NAREM. Not linked for on-line retrieval of national register data bases.




Street: 698 Church Street East, Arcadia, Pretoria
Postal: Private Bag X236, Pretoria, 0001

Telephone: (012) 343-9767
Fax: (012) 344-5143
Enquiries to: Head: Service Provisioning and Outreach
Hours of opening:

Mon-Thur 08h00-16h00
(Outside of these times by special arrangement only)

Access: Access is limited to bona fide students and researchers. NAFVSA staff will assist in locating relevant material, using manual and computerised finding aids. No fees are charged for this service. To view or listen to material, an appointment must be made in advance. Usually three days' notice is required to allow material to acclimatise after being removed from climatically controlled storage. Material may only be accessed on NAFVSA premises. Tariffs are available on request. The written permission of the copyright holder is required before any material may be duplicated.

Brief history: During the Second World War, a film unit was established in the Department of Defence to produce and distribute training, information and propaganda films. After the War, the production unit was transferred to the Department of Education to produce films for government departments and was known as Film Services. The De Villiers investigation carried out in 1956 resulted in legislation establishing the National Film Board on 1 April 1964 (Act No. 73 of 1963). In terms of the Act, the National Film Board was to assist in the promotion of the film industry. Other functions were tracing, accessioning, restoration, preservation and making available of films which were made in or about South Africa, irrespective of the format. To carry out these functions, a section was established within the National Film Board known as the South African Film Institute, which was loosely based on the British Film Institute. The name was later changed to the National Film Archives. On 31 December 1979 the activities of the National Film Board were terminated, with the exception of the National Film Archives. The latter was transferred to the Department of National Education. It became part of the National Archives in 1982. In 1985 its name was changed to National Film, Video and Sound Archives (NAFVSA). NAFVSA attained full membership of the International Association of Sound Archives in 1989 and provisional membership of the Federation of International Film Archives in 1996. A new Legal Deposit Act (No. 54 of 1997) was passed and now makes provision for the mandatory deposit of audio-visual materials. Public and non-public material is also acquired according to the provisions of the National Archives of South Africa Act (No. 43 of 1996). In many cases non-public material is acquired by means of voluntary donation as well.

Acquisitions policy: NAFVSA collects audio-visual and related material which was made in or about South Africa. Material is deposited and donated by the film, video and sound industries, as well as private persons. Some material is purchased or exchanged. State generated material is transferred periodically in terms of the National Archives of South Africa Act (No. 43 of 1996).

Areas of specialisation: See acquisitions policy.

Core holdings: Records in the following media acquired in terms of the acquisitions policy: Audio tapes. Audio cassettes. Gramophone records. Compact discs. Films. Video tapes. Related materials. The most heavily consulted groups at present are the film and video collections. All the above-mentioned records are equally significant in terms of NAFVSA's acquisitions policy.

Finding aids: Computer retrieval system. UNITERM index cards. Acquisition registers. Title lists. African Mirror newsreels catalogues. Guide to Films, Volumes 1 and 2 (published). Guide to Audio Cassettes, Volumes 1-4 (published). Guide to Compact Discs, Volumes 1 and 2 (published). Guide to Gramophone Records, Volumes 1-20 (published).

National register participation: NAFVSA contributes to NAROM and is linked for on-line retrieval.




Street: Mutual Park, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands
Postal: P.O. Box 5180, Cape Town, 8000

Telephone: (021) 509-3480
Fax: (021) 509-4676
Website: *
Enquiries to: Department Head, Information Resource Centre
Hours of opening: Not open to public
Access: Not available to outsiders.


Brief history: The archive was founded in 1987 for the purpose of keeping documents pertaining to Old Mutual's business which would be of use in the future planning as well as of interest historically.

Acquisitions policy: With the increase in the production of printed matter, the Archive has a strict policy of only keeping material which fits in with the founding statement (see brief history).

Core holdings: Chairman's addresses. Annual reports. Amicus Certus (in-house magazine). Company circulars. Public relations brochures. Accounting statements.

Finding aids: The material is indexed using Inmagic and filed using the principle of provenance and the principle of original order.

National register participation: No.




Street: 231 Pietermaritz Street, Pietermaritzburg
Postal: Private Bag X9012, Pietermaritzburg, 3200

Telephone: (0331) 42-4712
Fax: (0331) 94-4353
Enquiries to: The Head: Pietermaritzburg Archives Repository
Hours of opening: Mon-Fri 08h00-16h00 (excluding public holidays), second Saturday of the month 08h30-12h00
Access: With a few exceptions, all records older than 20 years are accessible. Written application can be made to consult records (such as correspondence files) that fall within the closed period. The birth registers of the Department of Home Affairs are subject to a 100 year closed period.

Brief history: The first records were assembled under the part-time care of a government official in the early 1900's. Accommodation was provided in 1936 on the present site. The repository was originally known as the Natal Archives Depot and was responsible for the custody of all official records in the province. After the establishment of a repository in Durban, responsibility for that region was assumed by the Durban office and records relevant to it (excluding the colonial period) were transferred to that office.

Acquisitions policy: The repository is responsible for the acquisition of permanently valuable records generated by government offices and local authorities in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, excluding the area north of the Mfolozi river and the Durban and coastal region, commencing at Cato Ridge. The records of central government are excluded, with the exception of records of magistrates. The repository also accepts non-public records that reflect the history of KwaZulu-Natal, such as photographs and private documents.

Areas of specialisation: As above.

Core holdings: The repository contains all the records of the offices of Natal colonial government. Post-colonial records include the records of provincial administration, government offices, local authorities, magistrates and commissioners. The holdings include the records of the Landdros, Pietermaritzburg, from the Voortrekker period; the old Provincial Council Library, non-public records such as the Colenso and Shepstone collections, more than 10 000 photographs and a map collection.

Finding aids: Inventories. Index cards. Lists. Computer database.

National register participation: NAREM and NAREF. Linked for on-line retrieval.


Address: Street: Main Street, Reduction Works, Pilgrim's Rest
Postal: Private Bag X519, Pilgrim's Rest
Telephone: (013) 768 1471
Fax: (013) 768-1113
Enquiries to: The Director
Hours of opening: 09h00-15h00
Access: Open to general public on appointment.

Brief history: Was old TGME (Mining) Archive when Pilgrim's Rest became a tourist attraction. The museum took over the archive in 1976.

Acquisitions policy: Material relevant to Pilgrim's Rest.

Areas of specialisation: History and pre-history of Pilgrim's Rest.

Core holdings: All material relevant to Pilgrim's Rest.

Finding aids: Unpublished.

National register participation: No.


Address: Street: Pinetown Library Building, cnr Old Main Road and Crompton Street
Postal: P.O. Box 49, Inner West City, 3600
Telephone: (031) 718-2740
Fax: (031) 718 2732
Enquiries to: The Curator
Hours of opening: Mon-Fri 09h00-17h00,
Sat 09h00-12h00
Access: Available for research in Curator's office.

Brief history: Repository was started by the Head Librarian/ Curator of the museum, Mrs H Kaplan from the 1970s. The manuscripts were housed in the library. Because of cultural historical contents were transferred to the museum.

Acquisitions policy: Either author or manuscript must be associated with the local area; either Pinetown, Magisterial District of Pinetown or Inner West City.

Areas of specialisation: A wide area of specialisation can be included provided it is associated with Pinetown. Cultural/ historical manuscripts are given preference.

Core holdings: Manuscripts and proofs of historical works by AT Cope, Ruth E Gordon, GPJ Trumpelmann and M Shadwell, and of Zulu praise poems edited by Trevor Cope.

National register participation: No.


Address: Street: Rand Afrikaans University Library Services, corner of University and Kingsway, Auckland Park
Postal: P.O. Box 524, Auckland Park, 2006
Telephone: (011) 489-2630, 489-2171
Fax: (011) 726-7723
Enquiries to: Dept. Head: Rare Book Collection
Hours of opening: Mon-Thurs 08h00-13h00,
Fri 08h00-13h00, 14h00-16h30
Access: Fully accessible.

Brief history: At the founding of the RAU in 1967, a research project on the history of the Afrikaans community of the Witwatersrand was launched under the auspices of the History Dept. of the University. The documents of this project, consisting of 131 individual collections, covering the period 1886-1961, form the basis of the repository. The collection has grown because of kind donations by people wishing their material to be preserved for future research.

Acquisitions policy: Acquisitions: only by donation. Selection: Any material on any subject related to Gauteng. Selection is flexible if important material of a more general nature is donated. Format: any kind of document or artifact.

Areas of specialisation: Afrikaans community in Gauteng. History of Gauteng.

Core holdings: Afrikaners in the Witwatersrand collection: A collection of 131 individual collections containing a rich diversity of diaries, private and official correspondence, memoirs, bibliographies, manuscripts, photographs, etc. EN Marais collection: Handwritten manuscript of the Soul of the Ape, letters from Marais to his son (1916-1923), correspondence between Marais' son and editors of a magazine concerning possible plagiarism, and a Marais sketch and note book. Gerrit Bakker collection: A Johannesburg antiquarian bookseller. Contains a vast volume of correspondence, starting in 1939, with for instance the Dutch poet and critic Jan Greshoff, Elizabeth Eybers and others. HG Viljoen collection: Documents include letters from AG Visser, CJ Langenhoven and CM van den Heever and 4 handwritten articles by Eughne Marais as well as sketches by artists such as Erich Mayer and JH Pierneef. NJ van Warmelo collection: World class anthropologist who published many books on tribes in Southern Africa. Contains ethnological research material, photographs and negatives, books. JP de Lange collection: Rector of RAU, 1979-1987. Documents include minutes, correspondence and reports of the various working committees of the HSRC Investigation into Education. CA Nvffke collection: Re Information Scandal. Contains correspondence and other documents (1974-1978) between American legal firm of Mr Donald de Kieffer and Department of Information (South Africa). AL Aucamp collection: Contains diaries and African artifacts pertaining to his time as Minister of the Reformed Kerk in Eldoret, Kenya, during the period 1933-1937.

Finding aids: Unpublished finding aids available to most collections. Finding aids available electronically or on paper.

National register participation: Contributes to NAREM and NAREF. Not linked for on-line retrieval.


Address: Street: 522 Impala Road, Glenvista, 2058
Postal: P.O. Box 1127, Johannesburg, 2000
Telephone: (011) 682-0911
Fax: (011) 682-0555/444
Enquiries to: Corporate Records Manager
Hours of opening: 08h00-13h00, 14h00-16h30
Access: Limited - permission to be obtained via Corporate Records Manager and Management Committee.

Brief history: The Rand Water Board (now Rand Water) was founded in 1903 with the objective of securing a permanent and reliable water supply for the ever-growing population and industries on the Witwatersrand. Since then, it has grown rapidly to become one of the largest water supply authorities in the world. Currently we supply water to approximately 10 million people, covering an area of more than 17 000 square kilometres. We also supply water to more than two-thirds of the country's industries and mines.

Acquisitions policy: Entirely focused on own documentation and archives.

Areas of specialisation: Bulk water supply, mechanical, civil, process and chemical engineering, water purification and catchment management.

Core holdings: Core holdings reflect areas of specialisation (see areas of specialisation).

Finding aids: Lists of files 1903-1975. Computerised finding aids 1975-1999.

National register participation: No.


Address: Street: Theological School of the Reformed Church, corner of Molen and Borcherds Streets, Potchefstroom, 2531
Postal: P.O. Box 20004, Noordbrug, 2522
Telephone: (018) 299-2816
Fax: (018) 299-2999
Enquiries to: The Honorary Archivist
Hours of opening: Mon-Fri 08h00-13h00,
Access: The Archives is accessible to all researchers, but only minute books older than 50 years are made available. Books younger than 50 years may be consulted if prior approval is obtained from the Church Council or body. If a Church Council or body no longer exists, the Honorary Archivist may give permission in consultation with the Synodal Deputation for the Archives.

Brief history: Archival material is obtained from private persons or bodies by means of donations; from Church Councils which send their documents for safe custody; and from other meetings and Synods. Archival material has been collected since the establishment of the Reformed Church in 1859. A start was made in 1961 to arrange and index the Archives in Potchefstroom professionally.

Acquisitions policy: The Archives attempts as far as possible to collect, arrange and preserve all documents written or received by the Reformed Church in the course of its existence. See also areas of specialisation.

Areas of specialisation: Documents of Church Councils, classes, "Partikuliere" Synods, and Synods. All church journals or publications. Personal documents of Church leaders. Photographs.

Core holdings: National Synods: Minutes, annexures and "Deputaatskappe". "Partikuliere" Synods: Minutes and annexures. Classes: Minutes and annexures. Church Councils: Minutes, annexures, membership, baptismal and marriage registers, finances, Mission, Sisters and Catechism. All Church journals and publications. Personal collections: D Postma and JD du Toit (Totius). Bible translation in Totius' own handwriting. Many historical photographs. Membership, baptismal and marriage registers are used mainly for genealogical research, and minute books for church research.

Finding aids: Unpublished indexes. Some information about Synods, "Partikuliere" Synods and classes is available on computer.

National register participation: No.


Address: Druids Lodge, 50 Paul Kruger Street, Robertson, 6705
Telephone: (02351) 3681
Enquiries to: The Honorary Curator
Hours of opening: Mon-Sat 09h00-12h00 (Closed Public Holidays)
Access: Not restricted.

Brief history: Archival material concerning the town and its inhabitants has been stored in our strongroom since 1977.

Acquisitions policy: Any material concerning the town, including photographs, postcards, letters, oral history.

Areas of specialisation: The Robertson family, descendants of Dr. William Robertson who gave his name to the town. The English family who lived at Druids Lodge. The Barry family of Swellendam with special reference to their business in Robertson for well over 100 years. Various societies and sports clubs of Robertson. Education in the town, etc.

Core holdings: What we have endeavoured to do, is to collect as much material as possible concerning the town from prior to its establishment in 1853 to the present. There is nothing of note that has been published to date except for a slim volume sponsored by the DR Church on the occasion of the town's centenary in 1953.

Finding aids: Nothing has been as yet published. Much of the information requires to be listed.

National register participation: No.



Previous <<1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >> Next


[Home] [About NARS] [NAAIRS]


* Notice: You are about to leave the National Archives web site.
Thanks for visiting us.

Disclaimer:  Some of the hyperlinks to other web sites may be inaccurate.  Please contact these organisations for the correct addresses.